Class Warfare Blog

August 27, 2018

Are Christians Being Persecuted in the U.S.?

According to Christian scripture, a sign one is doing their god’s work is being persecuted for their beliefs (see below).

Take a negative associated with a religion (“Why would I join them, aren’t they being persecuted?”) and turn it into a positive. Spin doctors have been around a lot longer than most people think. So Christians need persecution to be recognized for doing good work … ah, now we know why there is a War on Christmas, and a War on Christianity! If a real persecution doesn’t exist, just make one up!

Christianity, spinning reality for almost 2000 years!

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and make you bake cakes for fag weddings and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.” (Matthew 5:10-12)

Advertisements

20 Comments »

  1. I’m not in the least bit a Christian – indeed, I believe that Yahweh is a psychopathic God deserving, perhaps, of propitiation but not worship – and I understand that Christians today are being persecuted in America, just not, as yet, particularly effectively.

    Like

    Comment by jonolan — August 27, 2018 @ 8:41 am | Reply

    • They may be being persecuted, but not because of their religion.

      On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 8:41 AM Class Warfare Blog wrote:

      >

      Liked by 2 people

      Comment by Steve Ruis — August 27, 2018 @ 10:13 am | Reply

      • Being persecuted for practicing and following the tenants of one’s religion is one form of being persecuted for one’s religion.

        Just look at your mocking of their scripture as evidence of this. You persecute Christians – insomuch as you able – by mocking their beliefs and vilifying their desire to not be a party to what they find abhorrent, i.e., baking a wedding cake for a queer marriage ceremony – which is completely different than not selling to queers in general.

        Liked by 1 person

        Comment by jonolan — August 27, 2018 @ 10:17 am | Reply

        • Definition of persecute persecuted; persecuting transitive verb 1: to harass or punish in a manner designed to injure, grieve, or afflict; specifically : to cause to suffer because of belief

          Why would any self-respecting Christian take the words of an atheist as hurtful?

          On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 10:17 AM Class Warfare Blog wrote:

          >

          Liked by 1 person

          Comment by Steve Ruis — August 27, 2018 @ 10:36 am | Reply

          • People take the words of most other people with some degree of respect. But the anti-Christian sorts don’t settle for just words now, do they? They try – and succeed all to often these days – to injure, grieve, or afflict Christians who practice their faith openly and all aspect of their lives.

            Like

            Comment by jonolan — August 27, 2018 @ 10:38 am | Reply

            • So, you are saying that Christians respect what atheists say? I’ll need some evidence of that as that is not what I observe. The question site Quora is almost full of questions trolling atheists, saying that we have a religion or that we just hate god or want to be sinful, etc. or asking what we are going to say to their god we they end up at the Pearly Gates. I see very few kind words there. I see almost no kind words about atheists from anyone, even other atheists. I do see complaints from Christians regarding why atheists are so angry, or strident, or so abrasive. They ask these things on public sites where atheists are asked to defend our position (we have only one in common). Christians do not have to read such materials. (They do not seem to be shy about not having their kids read their biology HS textbooks, why would they deliberatel;y seek out the natterings of atheists?) They are not being thrust into their faces. You and other Christians have subscribed to this blog because I point out how Christianity has been used to oppress the masses to serve the interests of the secular and religious elites. You did not have to “follow” this blog. And if you did not, you could not be possibly persecuted by anything I say because you would never read it.

              On the other hand I am doing a Christian service, if I am as you say persecuting them for their beliefs. Exactly how this persecution happens is beyond me. How can someone who does not even know you hurt your feelings? If they can, then Christians must be in a very hard way because the vast majority of Christians believe the other Christians are dead wrong in their beliefs and therefore heretics. Just ask any fundamentalist Protestant about Catholics and you will get an earful about how very wrong they are. If this hurts your feelings, you will be in a perpetual world of hurt, my friend.

              On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 10:38 AM Class Warfare Blog wrote:

              >

              Liked by 3 people

              Comment by Steve Ruis — August 27, 2018 @ 10:54 am | Reply

      • But because they are willfully ignorant

        Like

        Comment by maryplumbago — August 27, 2018 @ 5:14 pm | Reply

  2. Maybe we should give them more evidence, more truth, more facts and more logic more often. The more pain, sorrow and suffering they get will take them closer to Jesus, so close in fact he is able to kiss them, according to the most saint-less of saints Teresa.

    Liked by 1 person

    Comment by sklyjd — August 27, 2018 @ 8:48 am | Reply

  3. “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and write mocking, contemptuous blog posts and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.”

    There are Muslim camps training kids to be school shooters. (https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/09/us/new-mexico-compound-children/index.html) And you wrote a criticism of Christianity based on baking cakes. Were you trying to be ironic?

    Like

    Comment by John Branyan — August 27, 2018 @ 9:29 am | Reply

    • I was shaming those who fake being persecuted when real Christians are being persecuted in the Middle East, by ISIS for example.

      On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 9:29 AM Class Warfare Blog wrote:

      >

      Liked by 1 person

      Comment by Steve Ruis — August 27, 2018 @ 10:14 am | Reply

      • Oh. Did you have a specific example in mind of “those who fake being persecuted”?

        Like

        Comment by John Branyan — August 27, 2018 @ 10:22 am | Reply

        • No.

          On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 10:22 AM Class Warfare Blog wrote:

          >

          Liked by 1 person

          Comment by Steve Ruis — August 27, 2018 @ 10:36 am | Reply

          • LOL… he NEVER wants to do any work or research on his own does he Steve? 😄😖 “You can lead a jackass [donkey] to water, but you can’t…” well, we know the rest. 😉

            Like

            Comment by Professor Taboo — August 27, 2018 @ 1:28 pm | Reply

            • LOL…I figured the best source of information about Steve’s point of view was Steve. 😄😖
              BRAVO, to you!

              Like

              Comment by John Branyan — August 27, 2018 @ 1:58 pm | Reply

  4. In order to better understand the victimizing, masochistic pathology groups of Christians maintain — they seem to come primarily from the more extremists, the “more Godly” — one cannot exclude Jewish Sectarianism during the Second Temple Period. It’s unavoidable actually! There are indeed themes within various STJ sects that believed exegetically from their Tanakh and Mishnah that their feverishly expectant Messiah (not to be confused with the Hellenistic Apotheotic version of Christ!) would be a Suffering Messiah, at least at first before coming to the throne and restoring Israel and its independence (its Kingdom of God).

    And furthermore, one cannot exclude from these Jewish Sectarian themes the previous four exiles that scattered and fragmented the Hebrews (all the tribes) to every portion of the known world under various conquering empires… later known as the Diaspora. Here is where 1st century BCE thru 3rd century CE Jewish Sectarianism (known as insurrectionist and civil-revolters by the Romans) was begun. Judaism, and therefore by default Christology/Christianity, has always had a deeply embedded genome (if you will) of masochistic victimization, or in other terms, God’s constant punishments for sin and unfaithfulness until eventually their pathologically invented God wants to wipe them out again or the entire world! Hahahahaha! 😄

    In clinical psychology and neurology today, we see it all the time. The sources are well understood and documented and their treatment and management are well practiced and proven. What I think is too often ignored by the general public — particularly in the puritan superstitious U.S. — and specific sectors of the general public is that a perception of victimization/persecution is indeed a diagnoseable psychological personality disorder (often taught transgenerationally) and/or a neurological disorder. Why? Simple answer:

    They are unhealthy and destructive to self, family, community, and regionally if not properly identified and treated.

    Like

    Comment by Professor Taboo — August 27, 2018 @ 1:21 pm | Reply

    • Victimhood is a cloak worn too often. But there are real victims and 47 white farmers in South Africa are individually victims but compared to the various afflictions of Black Africans, they are a drop in the bucket. There are still people in Africa preaching against the use of condoms in AIDS ravaged areas, for pity’s sake.

      On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 1:21 PM Class Warfare Blog wrote:

      >

      Liked by 1 person

      Comment by Steve Ruis — August 27, 2018 @ 1:50 pm | Reply

      • Utter ignorance from superstitions, or laziness, or psychological denial, and worse manufactured ignorance and its perpetuation, they will always have predictable ramifications and results, especially for the donkeys/jackasses. 😉

        Evolution and adaptations are life; have been for 4.543 billion years. If you don’t embrace that if you don’t adapt and shed antiquated paradigms, folklore, and ignorance, you’re going to fight uphill or upstream all the time… dying miserably. LOL

        Like

        Comment by Professor Taboo — August 27, 2018 @ 2:13 pm | Reply

  5. Why oh why do you waste your time with these people who are mentally challenged at best and complete idiots at worst. They have evolved, through evolution, differently than those who have a capacity to think rationally and have a healthy skepticism. They only have the capacity to believe dark age fantasies and worship a godhead that is much like trump in narcissism, revenge, cruelty and authoritarianism.

    Persecuted…give me a break! They are insidiously trying to change laws, reduce freedom and gain control of our lives. I would hope any group this dangerous and odious would be persecuted to some degree.

    Liked by 2 people

    Comment by maryplumbago — August 27, 2018 @ 5:34 pm | Reply

    • The fascinating thing is almost all of the so-called “religious liberty” efforts involve permission to discriminate negatively. It is almost as if they do not trust their god to take care of all the miscreants while they die. And why should their god have to wait until then. Odin could zap miscreants with lighting, Zeus with thunderbolts. Yahweh simply says “Wait until I get you home, mister!”

      Liked by 1 person

      Comment by Steve Ruis — August 28, 2018 @ 8:43 am | Reply

  6. The persecution narrative gets so tiresome. It’s sad when a friend launches into it and you realize you will never have quite so much respect for them again.

    Like

    Comment by danielwalldammit — November 23, 2018 @ 5:08 pm | Reply


RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: